Thursday, March 6, 2008

What a mess!

I am a mess...really. I was thinking the other day about how much of a mess (past and current) I am. You know this. My room and car are rarely clean, I can be far too sarcastic, I don't always return phone calls (sometimes do to my lame phone and sometimes by choice), I will flake, I will break down, I will forget something very important, my hair is rarely brushed, outfit thrown together, I always see how long I can go without having to shave my legs : ), I don't stop singing, I assume that everyone wants to talk to me, I don't always take responsibility, I am lazy, I run late, I laugh too loud, and I generally lack self control. I am a mess.

I love the line in the Beth song "Change Me" that says "I used to think, you couldn't love a mess like me...then you came in close."

There is this man I know (who has plenty of boy in him too)who happens to see all these things. Well, he is still finding some of them out. And do you know what he told me? That I am the one he has been waiting for. That it was worth waiting for me. Me? A mess like me? It is so hard to believe that I am lovely and beautiful. That I am desirable. That I am someone worthy of being "in love" with.

I look into the the face of this mess in the mirror each day and have to just laugh. I do. I laugh about it. I know all my faults and so do you, I wear them on my sleeve. The good Lord knows all these things too and somewhere in His merciful heart he decided to make me into something glorious. I am His, ha ha I am His mess. And He LOVES me so passionately. And He gave me this overflowing gift in allowing David Matthew Quinn to see the art in me.

1 comment:

David M Quinn said...

Now I know the REAL reason you won't let me see your ankles. I love you.