Monday, March 3, 2008

On a lighter note...

This is for Erinnnn. She gets extra "n"s because she is so neat and nifty. And very nice. I am going to take a brief break from my usual deepness : ) to bring a few shallower, but very important thoughts.

Erin and I discussed our vocabularies and determined that since David says "Making up words is a sign of genius"...we are going to create some words and use them frequently. So far we have added the "ed" suffix to just about anything we desire to add a sort of "intelligent" quality to our words.

For example. If Erin looked at the stars last night I would say that she look-ed at the stars. Friends, please do not be confused. This is not the word "looked", as your most likely suspected at first. It is two syllables (look)(ed)...not blending the d into the root word. For added emphasis (and special occasion) we with add "eth" to the word. But not as an ending...for that has been done. We will add it into the middle and still keep our other suffix. Example: Erin lookethed at the stars. Pronounced (look)(eth)(ed). Three wonderful syllables making one fancy little word that is not needed at all and serves no other purpose than our delight.

You may join us in our quest for elegance if you wish.

I would also like to take the time to point out that Erin and I drive the same car (hers is white for "good" and mine is black for "evil"...no need to fear, I am not defined by my car but by the Lord alone), we are the same size, look good in the same kinds of shoes, do the same curls, think lots of the same things, and say things at the same time. We drove past a warehouse for sale yesterday and both said, "We should buy it." We laughed and then at the same time said, "What would we do with it?". This is just one example of the sameness. Or I suppose we are sam-ed. And on special days we are sam-eth-ed.

Oh Erinnnn, how I lov-eth-ed thee.

2 comments:

Adam, Erin and Titus said...

I laughethed from my gutterals at this.

Adam, Erin and Titus said...

ok, so there is no way that my dad knows that we talk like that, but he asked me if i could drop something by the post office for him when i go to my grandparents tonight, and i said "of course", then he said, "i meant to do it this morning on my way to work but it slipp-ed my mind-ed."