Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Swelling

Boom boom. Boom boom. It's my heart. With each beat blood passes in and out of the atriums and ventricles and then hurries on to the rest of my body. I need the oxygen and nutrients. I need the circulatory cycle to work. So what happens when it feels like my heart is swelling. Not literally, I am not suffering from an actual pulmonary disaster. But when it feels too overloaded with love, frustration, passion, redemption, disaster, glory, hurt, compassion, and emotion. What then?

I have been through this sort of cardiac arrest before. I allow my heart to swell so much that it does not function properly. Without the cells rushing in and out of my organs, my body weakens and I eventually suffocate from the inside out. I have lost heart in the past. I have been here before, and I am NOT going back.

Eph 3:13 Therefore I ask you not to lose heart at my tribulations on your behalf, for they are your glory.

Heb 12:3 For consider Him who has endured such hostility by sinners against Himself, so that you will not grow weary and lose heart.

2Co 4:16 Therefore we do not lose heart, but though, our outer man is decaying, yet our inner man is being renewed day by day.

He has made a way. He has not given us more than we can handle. I need some humbling. I need to do some serious spiritual cardio. I am NOT going to loose heart, even if it swells a bit : ).

1 comment:

David M Quinn said...

I love your heart. May it live forever and beat with passion. God has given us new hearts that can love Him. The best is yet to come!