Saturday, October 20, 2007

Strength will rise....

I want to change the world. I really do. I do not find any use in "playing small" or keeping my dreams "realistic". God uses His people to do BIG things and the more time I spend in His word, the more I observe His uncanny choices. He uses the willing, meek, and weak to achieve His purposes. People like David, Josiah, Esther, and Rahab would not have been voted "Most Likely to Achieve" in their High School yearbooks. And yet they were tools the Lord used to change hearts, save lives, and move entire people groups to their knees. He used them because they walked rightously. He looks at our hearts, not out skills. Praise Him!

But let us not forget that He uses the unwilling too. Moses and Jonah had no desire to "go". So when they would not humble themselves towards the Lord, He did it for them. He used them to teach us that He will use who He chooses. His will is going to be done either way....but I would rather be a willing heart : ).

So here I am, as willing as I can possibly be. I don't care where, how, or when I go, just as long as I go. Be it inner-city missions, time in Kenya, teaching English in the Czech, ministering to my husband and children, or serving in the church...I am willing. But what do I do when I am not sure what to do? How do I wait well? I tend to think I am young, able, and shapable. He could do so much with me. He could use me right now to impact the world!

Noah changed the world. Well, the Lord used him to save mankind (sort of a big deal). But I was reminded last night that God did not use Noah to do that until he was 500 years old! So what did Noah do for the first 500 years of his life? He walked with the Lord and lived righteously.

Again, he walked with the Lord and lived rightously.

So I will walk with the Lord and live rightously wherever He has me and whether I feel like I am in a "waiting" period or not.

"Strength will rise as we wait upon the Lord.
We will wait upon the Lord.
We will wait upon the Lord."

No comments: