Thursday, November 22, 2007

Homeless

About an hour ago I answered the phone to hear Sammi on the other end of the line...in tears. She moved to San Marcos this year and her parents moved to Coranado. She was sitting in front of her old house just crying. "That is emotional suicide," I warned her as I got in my car and headed over to join her. I was greatful that she didn't want to go to my old house to give me an opportunity to fall apart too.

I don't feel like I have a home. I avoid driving up my old street because that house means nothing to me without my parents and beautiful sisters inside of it. Washington is where they are but still not home to me. My house is wonderful, alive, and full of roomies that I deeply love. But it is still not home.

I know there is a lesson in this. This is not a "transition period" or an "odd time" of life. This is my life. Where my feet are is where the Lord has me. I know His heart is my home and I desire to abide there constantly. I do not need the tangible. I need the truth.

I am a stranger here. I will never be at home on this earth. I am a citizen of Heaven and temporarily here where I have to opportunity to further His kingdom. Thank you Lord for the current circumstances that remind me of this! You overwhelm me with your timing!

"I've always known this wasn't home." -Bethany Dillon, in the song "Aimless"...listen to it!

1 comment:

David M Quinn said...

Thank you for sharing your heart brave one. May His kingdom come on earth as it is in Heaven. He is preparing a place for you in a house with many dwelling places. And He promised to come back for us and not leave us here!

Read John 14 for extra encouragement.